Friday, January 27, 2012

Yoga, pizza and some cow mats:)

Hello bloggers!!
Good grief, I know youre all mad because I havent been adding to this:/ Oops:/ Sorry Mom and Dad:/
This week has flown, its been great, classes were great, nothing too exciting. Oh besides the fact that I made my first real print in the dark room! Hooray!! Ill put pictures on facebook:) I also finished my Batik for the most part still adding more dye but its looking good:) We didnt do anything too noteworthy during the evenings, just chilling:)
   But today, oh the greatest of days. We slept in, which again was fantastic, no class on Fridays is one of the most fantastic things Ive ever made happen. After we slept in, I made some coffee and then Sally and I just sat and read for the longest time, I swear it was so fantastic. We sound lazy but it was so wonderful. Just sitting, reading, being quiet. Do it. Youll feel like a new person:)
   After our reading time, we got dressed and went to get lunch at a pizza place that our cooking teacher told us about, oh I forgot to tell you about cooking on Thursday, ill talk about that in a second:) So we went to this little hole in the wall pizza place. Oh. My. Heavens. This pizza... im trying to think of the right words. You would not believe how delicious. We got two smallish pizzas and split them between the three of us. A margherita pizza and then an O' Vesuvio pizza, which is the name of the restaurant, it had some spicy something on it. But they were incredible, I will put a picture of those on facebook and on here if I can figure out how:) But anyways, the pizza was amazing, I cant even describe it. You should probably buy a plane ticket and come and eat some of this pizza right now. So I was going to tell you about cooking class, which I think was the last one that there is:( But it was amazing as usual. The teacher was hysterical, talking about her "very good looking ride home" She made eggplant parmesean and another kind of white bean side, the white beans sound weird but they are so good. Apparently a classic dish. She just said she mixed the white beans with read sauce and sage leaves and heated it up. Oh I cant even tell you how delicious. And how frugal! I love this place:) And then she made pears in chocolate sauce for dessert. I want to move in with this woman.
   So anyways, back to today:) After I ate my weight in pizza, we went to two grocery stores, one of which where we scored some free cow placemats!! Huzzah!! After we went shopping, ps I attempted to make tiramisu last week, and it didnt turn out so hot. It tasted great but the cream never got creamy, it was very liquidy. So anyways I bought more supplies to attempt again:) We then stopped to get a cappuccino at our little corner shop and read some more:) After more reading, we went to yoga!!
   Our roommate who has been here for a semester already, told us about this awesome yoga studio and the teacher speaks english. It was amazing!! Im running out of positive adjectives:) She was so sweet and so helpful and encouraging, she just let us join in for free and go along with everything. It was amazing. She went to App state for a little while so we had something in common, I love this lady. And I love yoga. Were making it a regular thing:)
   So now im here, eating some bruschetta planning spring break, not worrying about a thing. I love this peaceful place. The only way it would be better, slash the only thing that is missing to make this place perfect is Michael Weller. My plan is to come home, collect him and come back:) Kidding, I miss High Point but I hopefully I can come back one day:)
   I promise I will try to blog more often, Oh and I be on the lookout for pictures of my first print and my pizza:) Or maybe ill try to attach them right now:) There they are:)
Ok goodnight readers! Thanks for keeping up with my trip!

p.s. I miss my Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment